1) It's been a manic week, recovering from an op is no joke and going back to school made things even more crazy busy.
2) You guys the weather has been AMAZING this past week! I think one day it was a bit much since it went up to 35 C (that's 95 F!!) and that type of heat without air conditioning is not fun at all!! Plus school is full of sweaty and smelly (sorry but it's true) children and the heat makes it 50 times worse! I love summer but I've never dealt with heat very well :(
3) I finally had to get out all my dresses because of the said heat. I love wearing dresses but I am missing my jeans a lot. I'm not a shorts gal so dresses is all I wear in the summer. I'm going to Primark this weekend to hopefully pick up a few new ones.
4) Frozen mash potatoes does not work when you try to reheat it in the microwave. Basically soup. So I had to fry it so that it'll go back together and it worked. Totally random but I clearly thought it was blogging worthy ;)
5) I'm finally baking tomorrow!! I'm so excited, is it sad to be so excited to bake? I'm looking through loads of recipes and I can't decide. I thought I would ditch Pinterest for once and actually look through some of the dozen of recipes books I've got ;)
6) I'm ADDICTED to Mentos at the moment, it's pretty bad! I got a pack/tube yesterday and it was basically all pinks and it made my day :)
7) This made me laugh way. too. much!! I'm probably easiest person to make laugh, so it doesn't say much about the joke but I did think this was quite funny. I love a good pun.
8) 2 weeks and 3 days left of school, I cannot wait! I'm so over this term. I think it was very hard to get back into the swing of things after exams and the last couple weeks of health problems. But I'm excited for September when I'll be well rested and ready to learn again :)
9) My friend and I definitely spooked each other yesterday. It's always weird when you say thing that someone else is going to say. He's just as obsessed with Friends as I am and I'm so happy I can have weird convo's about it without someone else ;)
10) It's been SO nice to sit and eat outside again. We don't actually have a dining table in our house, just because of spacing but in the summer we set up a table outside and it feels good to be civilised human beings ;)
11) One last picture, sorry to bombard you with 3 in a row but I couldn't not share this. I need to buy this top, I am guilty of swearing quite a lot.... But you know what they say about people that swear a lot ;)
12) Right I think that's all the random thoughts I can think of today. I hope you all have a great weekend. I hoping to do a post monday about our weekend, which I haven't done in a few months! Have a great night :)
This weekend recap is being posted super late considering it's already the next weekend. The week has just flown by and truth be told, I've had absolutely no energy when I've gotten home from school and blogging has just been the last thing I wanted to do. So I napped instead, pretty much everyday ;)
I had an operation yesterday and I'm still recovering from that so there will be more pictures than writing today since I'm still slightly out of it ;) Everything is fine and I will fill you all in on it next week when I've fully recovered!
We had the best weekend ever in London with our family last week. My mum hadn't seen my aunt and three cousins since my parents separated 3 years ago so this was quite a big weekend for her. It truly felt like we had all been together yesterday, I love my family!!
On the Saturday, we walked around Oxford street and went into a few shops. Time flew by pretty quickly and since they were traveling with a group type of thing, we had to be back at their bus at 5.
No matter how old you get the M&M store is always a blast! We spent WAY too long in there looking at everything and taking far too many pictures. Also you can never leave without filling a bag with some M&M's, it's obviously my favourite part :)
A delicious frappuccino, mojito, pizza and lemon muffin. There was definitely some yummy food eaten over the two days! Our hotel was by Canary Wharf and the views are gorgeous.
P.S. have to give the credit to my brilliant mum for her collages, thanks mum :)
On Sunday, we went to Camden Market which was SO much fun. I had never been before and it's definitely my type of place. There was so many different cool things to see and it's so much fun walking around and seeing all the different cultures. I could have spent the whole day there but unfortunately my family was still on a schedule. I've done a slideshow, since there are quite a few pictures.
If you live near London and have never been, I would highly recommend it. Such a good family day out.
At around 4ish, my family headed back to their bus to go home :( It was super short trip but we all had such fun today!! Family time is always the best :)
And that's about all I've got energy to write today. I apologise in advance if there are more spelling mistakes then usual, I'm still a little groggy and spelling has been a little tricker today than usual! Recovering from an operation is no joke and I think I'm just about ready to take a nap ;) I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll be back sometime next week :)
Have you ever been to Camden Market? What did you think of it?
What's your favourite type of breakfast? I always get a muffin when I get the chance:)
What do you typically order at Starbucks? I usually always get the Passion Fruit Iced Tea Lemonade but decided to go for a coffee for the first time!!
1) I'm sooo happy it's Friday! This week has felt super long and tiring, mainly because we've had several days of activities preparing us for Uni and life after school. In September, it'll be one year till I go to Uni, how bloody scary!!
2) The girls and I went back to my friend Alyx's house for lunch today and I had my first ever fish finger sandwich or butty, if I say it the very British way ;) It was delicious and I feel very annoyed that I had never had one before! I can imagine how strange this sandwich must sound to people in other countries. How could bread, ketchup and fish fingers put together be so good?! Well trust me it is! (not my picture but basically what it looked like)
3) I'm SO excited for this weekend!! My aunt and 3 cousins are coming to London for the next two days and Mum & I are going down there to stay for the night as well. It's going to be an awesome, fun-packed weekend from start to finish!
4) Nerd alert ahead, but I bought the Sims 4 the other day and I'm not very impressed. Maybe it's because it's just so different to the Sims 3 that I'm so used to but I find it all very complicated to get the hang off but I can be a little slooww with video/computer games ;)
5) I've got this adorable picture as my desktop wallpaper and I think it's so sweet and summery. I go through phases where I like to have personal pictures and then I like to have artsy, quotes type wallpaper. I'm just weird like that clearly.
6) 23 school days left. 23. I can totally manage that! July 22nd feels quite far away but I'm just hoping it goes super quickly since the last couple of weeks of term usually do. I've probably jinxed that now and it'll go slower than a turtle walking!
7) I'm crossing my fingers and toes (not literally...obviously) that the horrible weather doesn't come tomorrow. Just for this one day I would like the classic British weather to bug off somewhere else!! Sightseeing is not so funny in rainy weather :(
8) Going along with the British theme that seems to be happening today, I read this on Buzzfeed the other day and practically every single one is so true. Made me laugh so much. Here are a couple of my favourites, so funny!
9) My back is doing much better now. I'm still getting the odd aches and twinges down my leg but overall a heck of a lot better than Monday and Tuesday. It only hurts to get up and walk after being sat down for a long time. I'm a little nervous about walking around London for two days but hopefully it'll all be fine!
10) Always gotta end it on an even number ;) I hope you're all having a great Friday night and all have a fabulous weekend! I'm off to bed since we've got to get up early!
Yesterday was quite the eventful day but not in the good kind of way. I started getting some really bad lower back pain in the early morning but didn't think it was anything serious since it happens every now and then and usually passes after a couple hours.
However this time it didn't pass in a couple of hours and gradually got work throughout the day. By the time I got home, I was in agony and went straight to bed. I couldn't turn from side to side and walking was unbearable.
When mum got home we called the 111 service that we have hear which you can call before 999 to get an assessment on whether you need to go to A&E. They managed to get me an appointment with the emergency doctor at hospital. We somehow managed to get me down the stairs and into the car.
A lovely picture of me before we went into hospital! I was absolutely shattered and had been crying for about 3 hours. I think this is my "I'm really fed up, do we have to take a picture" smile ;) However, mum and I always look for the humour in things and this picture definitely makes us laugh now!
Got to the hospital and the doctor couldn't think of anything serious that it could be. Prescribed me with 3 different medications and sent me on my way. What a nightmare. I'm still in a boatload of pain today and moving around is still difficult but compared with yesterday, I'm heaps better. Never would I wish that type or amount of pain on anyone, holy cow!! I think it might of been an episode of Sciatica, since I've had similar pains like that in my upper back, just never to this extreme and not being able to walk.
So today I caught up on some much needed sleep and watched all the lame tv shows that are on during the day that I never usually watch. Facetimed with my dad and Lila, which cheered me up a bit! And found way too many funny memes on Pinterest. All in a sick days work ;)
That's about all I've got energy to write for today, being sick takes away all my energy! Hopefully I'll be back to normal within a couple days and I can get back to doing everything myself like I usually do! I hope you're all having a great start to the week :)
Change the world, one act of kindness at a time
A little bit of honesty
Red Velvet Brownies with peanut butter glaze
Broccoli, Cheese and Onion Tart
Changed forever- the power of helping others