It's taken some time to get back into my usual routine and I've had a busy couple of weeks since I got home. It took me a few days just to recover from my trip back home. Probably the worst I've had in a long time, I mean we all have super bad trips every once in a while, right?!
In summary- we had turbulence for over an hour straight, I was sick twice, I didn't get any sleep at all, the guy next to me was a little bizarre...okay very bizarre, he spilt his drink all over me and the landing was extremely bumpy. Not fun in the slightest. I had never been so happy to see my mum in my life.
This week has been busy with driving lessons, hanging out with friends and lots of other things. I want to start getting back into some sort of blogging routine and what better way then to start with a things I'm loving post. As always feel free to join in, in the comments :)
We all knew that The Great British Bake Off was going to be on this list. It's one of my favourite TV shows and I absolutely love sitting down with a cup of tea every Wednesday night and watching this. I don't think you can get more British than that?! Plus I learn a lot of great tips to use when baking!
I'm not usually one to spend more than £8-10 on make-up, like ever but this Mac Prep + Prime for your eyelids is SO worth the money even though it's only £16. I'm just super cheap;) My mum has used it for a long time and I finally decided to try hers before buying my own. I have quite oily skin and my eyelids always get oily for some odd reason so whenever I want to put eyeshadow on. I'll just put the tiniest bit of this cream on and my eyeshadow stays all day!! It lasts forever since you only need to use a tiny bit!
My dad sent this to me a few days ago and I actually teared up. So much love for this picture. Lila has been sleeping with the picture of her & I since I left and it's probably the cutest thing. EVER. Someone's obviously missing her big sis a lot;)
I always struggle to find comfortable sports bras. I found this one at Old Navy a few weeks ago and I've practically lived in it around the house. On days when I'm just lounging around at home and don't feel like wearing a bra (let's be honest, I think we all have those days) this is perfect. I would probably have to wear another one if I was running (the joys of being big-chested;) but it's got a lot more support than the other ones I wear. Definitely recommend it.
Hugely inappropriate but made me laugh A LOT!! This was going around on results day and it definitely cheered me up. Hopefully her mum doesn't have twitter, right?!
I could eat this wrap from Chiquito's every day if I could. It's so goddamn delicious! Mum and I had a little lunch + cinema date on Wednesday and I got to choose where to eat. I immediately said Chiquito since I'm obsessed with this wrap;) We went to see Trainwreck, hilarious but too long. I don't like 2 hour movies, I get bored after 90 minutes in the cinema.
Definitely worth a watch. Such a powerful video!!
Right, I'm off to get ready to have dinner with one of my best friends who I haven't seen since I came home a couple weeks ago!! Then on Sunday I get to see my childhood best friend who I haven't seen since March and I literally can't wait!! I hope you all have a lovely weekend and enjoy the bank holiday! Hopefully the weather perks up a bit, I'm remaining optimistic after an absolutely dreadful week full of rain :(
So this happened last weekend. The week before was craziness and this following week has also been manic. Hence my absence around here. Sometimes life just gets so busy and I try to be in the moment as much as I can when I'm in the States since I'm not here often. The blog often gets a little left behind, luckily it's not my full time job ;)
I'll do a full recap of the wedding when I get my hands on the professional pictures because even though that candid above is super cute, many of the iPhone pictures didn't turn out quite as well.
I don't even know where to begin in recapping the last two weeks, so I won't. Because we all know how much I like to blabber and blabber but if I recapped the whole two weeks in detail we'd be here for a while and you'd definitely need a cup of tea + a biscuit or two ;) So some highlights and pictures is what it's going to be.
Lots of time spent with one of my best friends and a couple beach days thrown in there too. Gosh, I really need to move near the beach because I miss it WAY too much. Being at the beach is cleansing for the soul, I feel so peaceful and relaxed. Who wouldn't want to feel that way regularly?!
Many Target trips were obviously made. And it never disappoints. I got the cutest little mini bread/loaf tin and I can't wait to use it! Salted Caramel PB, sounds good to me although it might taste weird. My dad and I have been searching for The Tonight Dough flavour forever and because Target is the best they had it! (It was SO good, had huge pieces of cookie dough!). I saw these vitamins that apparently help you sleep, maybe I should've got some for when the jet lag wears off and my insomnia is back!
SO much good food has been consumed these last two weeks. Diet starts on Monday;) I'm obsessed with Starbucks Passion Ice Tea Lemonade, so darn good! If you are ever in Chicago, please please go to Magnolia Bakery, it's the best. Panera salads, Froyo and pretzel bread, you will be missed :(
And of course lots and lots of cuddles with my main squeeze. I sure am going to miss someone running to see me every morning when I wake up. Life with a toddler is certainly more interesting than my usual go with the flow, laid back life but I wouldn't change anything.
I'm actually leaving today and as sad as it always is to leave I'm excited to see my mamma, see my best friends, sleep in my own bed and catch up on some good ol' british TV ( aka Great British Bake Off, can't believe I was away for the start of it!).
Right, I'm off to finish last minute packing and soak up some family time before I fly home tonight! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I'll catch you all later, hopefully in less than two weeks ;)
1) I'm back with my favourite person, when she isn't crying or whining ;) She's gotten so big and much more grown up than a couple months ago, it's crazy! But first let's back up a bit.
2) It's been a pretty whirlwind of a week over here. I left for France on Monday and then we travelled to America yesterday. I'm all travelled out for one week. And the whole insomnia isn't helping. I traveled to America on about 3 hours of sleep and only slept a half on the flight, yikes! I'm a little grumpy today and I think that explains why ;)
3) I don't think England got the memo that it was the summer. Scarves and fuzzy socks in the middle of July. So wrong on so many levels! Hopefully it'll be nice when I get back.
4) Exam results day is like 2 weeks and I'm freaking OUT!! I remember how I felt opening my GCSE results and even though pretty much all of them were good, the nerves you have beforehand is pretty insane!!
5) I think I might take on board this tip for my A2 exams. Pretty much any reason to eat chocolate is a really good one, am I right?!
6) My favourite hairband broke :( The other one broke the day after this one and I'm so annoyed. They don't leave any bumps in your hair, I've only seen them at my hairdressers but I'm on the hunt for some more!
7) I've just written this post practically crossed-eyed the entire time. My glasses are upstairs and I'm just way too lazy to go get them. But I really need to get better at wearing them because being crossed-eyed a lot is probably not that great.
8) These two memes just cracked me up. I'm pretty sure that has happened to one of my sims at some point or another and it just made me laugh so much when I saw it. I am so that person that loves finding out things about people I don't like, call me mean but it is kinda funny.
9) I just realised this will probably say it posted on the 1st of August since my account is set for British time. But it's still Friday here and I've just about managed to get this written up. It's been a busy, busy day.
10) I've got a busy weekend! My dad's getting married next weekend and I have to get my bridesmaid dress. So Anne-Claire and I are going shopping for the day and I can't wait to see one of my best friends again!! Hope you all have a great weekend :)
1) I FINALLY finished school this week, it was a longggg time coming. No, seriously, whoever thought another month and half of school after AS exams was a good idea, was extremely wrong.
2) Just had the best dinner. Since mum and I were both lazy today, I mean who isn't on a Friday night, right?! We decided to order and I had spaghetti with creamy chicken. So yummy.
3) I've booked my driving test at 11:11 am, in the hopes that my superstition will help me out ;) I can make a wish right before I start! It's not for a while yet but when I saw the 11:11 time I had to book it.
4) My nails have finally grown again, after I had bitten them to no end during my exams! Now that I'm putting a bit more effort, I thought I would try doing some cool stuff again. It was MESSY but it kinda worked.
5) Look at this cutie!! She LOVES being outside and going on her swing. Can't wait to see her in 6 days!!!!!
6) I can't believe it's almost August, like this year has whizzed by so fast!! Only 22 weeks till Christmas, how insane is that? But on another note, it's been raining all day and this is so not the summer I was looking forward to. Damn British summers that are so unpredictable.
7) Mum and I are about to watch Cake. I've seen it before but I really loved it and have even more of an appreciation for it since I've been sick. I think Jennifer Aniston plays her character so well!
8) I'm back on the coffee, I went off it for quite a while since the idea or smell of it would just not sit well with me. But now I'm drinking a lot of it!! I sound like an addict, I'm not, I still drink tea way more than I drink coffee. And since I found it funny, I'm sharing it. My hair went like this and stayed like this for about 3 hours no matter how many times I would push it down. The weird faces are acceptable since it's on Snapchat ;)
9) I'm seriously craving Mexican food today. Like I want some asap. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those cravings that doesn't go away until I satisfy it.
10) I'm usually quite the chatterbox (like my cute little mug says) but I think the tiredness has hit me early today and I'm struggling to come up with my usual ramblings. On that note, I'll leave it at that! I hope you all have a great weekend :)
Change the world, one act of kindness at a time
A little bit of honesty
Red Velvet Brownies with peanut butter glaze
Broccoli, Cheese and Onion Tart
Changed forever- the power of helping others