Hi guys, happy Friday!! This week has been a rough one and yes you can expect that for the next 5 weeks! Exam time is no joke and everything is going at the speed of light! I've just about recovered from my jetlag and weekend event!
I thought I'd do a things I'm loving Friday today since its been a while! I honestly have completely lost count of what number and I'm pretty sure I missed counted from the beginning, yes I suck at maths, always have always will!
Not a thing I'm loving but so not okay of Diet Coke to change the colour of the cap. I looked like a right idiot in the shop staring at them all for 10 minutes looking for the white cap. I'm telling you exam revision has fried my brain, it better start working again before May 11th!!
I've never had chia tea and I know it was the big thing a few years ago but I just wasn't really into tea then. I saw this at tescos the other day and it was a little pricey but on sale and it smelt delicious so thought I'd give it a try! It's so good, definitely not super vanillay but more gingerbread, Christmassy!
I don't even want to admit to how many bags of these I ate over my holiday in America, they're so damn good!! I bought some at the airport and completely forgot about them till last night!! Go buy some now!
OMG it's official and I cannot wait till next year!! Anne-Claire and I already have plans for a sleepover to watch all the episodes. This will be like reliving my pre-teen years, I'm most likely way too excited for this but I have a feeling it's going to be pretty amazing :)
OBSESSED with this song, like seriously. Since I got it, I've not stopped listening to it! I'm sure I'll get sick of it at some point but I'll keep it on repeat until then!
Bright colours and curly hair. Ok, I'm always loving my curls but I'm seriously happy about the super sunny weather because I've brought out all the summery clothes. I wear bright clothes a lot because I've got a bright personality so I'm pretty happy I get to start wearing all my colourful dresses. Right I'll stop blabbering on about bright clothes.
I haven't got a super exciting weekend planned but may do something with my friend, Mae tomorrow night. Mostly likely the last weekend I can properly let loose before all the mayhem starts. I start my job on Monday so I'll probably only post one blog post during the week. I've gotten one ready and I put a lot of time into it. I hope it's something you enjoy reading, I haven't done a post like that one in a while and I hope you love it as much as my mum & Anne-Claire did!
I'm off to go watch Annie with my mum. I watched it with my dad a couple weeks ago and loved it, I love all musical movies so this was totally up my street. I'm pretty sure my mum will love it too! Hope you all have a fab weekend :)
The one thing I always thought of about San Francisco was Alcatraz and it was the one thing I was looking most forward to. So you can imagine my reaction when my dad told me there was no available tickets. I was not a happy bunny. My dad and step-mum had just been on a work trip to San Fran a couple months earlier and visited and they didn't book.
We spoke to someone and they said the only way we might be able to get tickets was if we came and stood in line at 6:15 am (yes, you read that right, trust me I was not exactly thrilled at having to wake up at 5:15am). So my dad, Laura and I headed to the Alcatraz Landing Pier and waited in line for almost 2 hours. Thank god we got three tickets.
My grandma, dad and I headed on the boat at around 10:10. My grandma is slightly disabled and she joked that the only good thing that comes from it is, is skipping lines and parking close by. We were the first on and off the boat, which was brilliant. Big crowds and lines stress me out big time.
I think that morning I saw some of the best views I had seen in my life. First on the boat and then actually on the island. The boat ride was super short and I got more and more excited the closer we got.
Just above is a slideshow of some pictures in Alcatraz. I didn't want to overwhelm you with 50 pictures but also thought some of you might be in to this type of thing. I was totally into this tour and loved every part of it. You get headphones and it guides you around the whole prison, telling stories of what happened. So cool!!
The views from the Island were absolutely incredible and breathtaking. I took about 100 pictures of the view alone, I couldn't stop taking it in. But we had to go back in since the tour was going to start again. Alcatraz certainly lived up to my expectations and I would recommend it to everyone!
The cable car ride was insanely fun but insanely scary. The roads in San Fran are no joke and the movies don't nearly show how crazy they are. They go up and down like crazy and being in that cable car was pretty crazy. I stood on the little steps along the side so I wasn't actually sat down, it was all pretty surreal!
It was all so fun. I have so many pictures that I may do a "photo dump" of sorts of all the little pictures of food, hotel etc that didn't make it in the recaps! I hope you all have a great rest of the week :)
Hi guys, I'm just popping in to update you all on some things and say hi! I'm still working on the Alcatraz post but I promise I'll get it up by the end of the week :)
I arrived safely at Heathrow on Saturday morning but the rest of the day was not so great. For numerous reasons we decided to take the train and then the tube to get to Heathrow, so it was about a 2 hour trip to get home. Everything went well up until the last train home.
We had boarded the train, put our suitcase in the doorway bit (not in front of the opening door but the other side) and had sat down just in front of it. My mum and I were talking for barely 5 minutes before my mum turned around and noticed my suitcase gone. After that it all happened so quickly and was honestly slightly a blur for this travel-anxious girl!!
My mum was quick on her feet and decided to run outside the station to see if she could stop the people that had taken it. Luckily in our case these two people weren't quick on their feet (we both guessed they were on some sort of drugs at the time) and my mum managed to run over and get some police!
I was in the station on the phone with my dad, having a slight panic attack! My first thought was that the suitcase was gone forever and I freaked out about all my revision stuff for my exams in 3 weeks!!!
One person was arrested and the other one ran! That person managed to steal some things, nothing majorly special but one thing was quite expensive. It was all a nightmare as it was happening and it felt surreal giving my statement to the police.
As someone who struggles with a lot of paranoia and anxiety, this was almost like having some of my worst fears happen. No one was hurt and not much was taken, which is obviously the most important thing but the way it left me has honestly been the worst part.
I obviously can't share all the little details in case this does go to court but I'll keep you all updated on how I am etc. I've washed everything that was in the suitcase, thrown the suitcase away (they completely broke it anyways) and tried to forget it as best as I can.
I've been okay, mainly shaken up and haven't managed to go through a bag that was in my suitcase because it just grosses me out. It's mainly the invasion of privacy that you feel and the shock of it. I'm sure in a couple weeks once the police have sorted it all out (they will keep calling to update me about it all) and I don't have to keep thinking about it, it'll get easier. But it has nonetheless shaken me up and made me more anxious! NEVER let any of your possessions out of sight when travelling even for a minute, I learnt my lesson the hard way even when I placed it somewhere in near sight where I had always placed it before!
On some other good news I've started driving with my mum!! My lessons were going really well and I stopped them just before half term! I'm now going to go with my mum for 2-3 months before my test. I still struggle with the anxiety once in a while but it's going really well! I'm about to go out now and I can't wait, I'm really enjoying it so far :)
Second piece of good news I got a job!!! I'm going to be cleaning at my school. The 6th form students are the cleaners at our school. I applied a while ago and it's the only job I could get because of me being away every school holiday! I start on Wednesday and it's two hours every day after school! Not the most exciting job but it's money going towards a car!
The next month or so is going to be a bit random in blog posts. My exams are in 3 weeks and then 2 weeks of actual exams, so it's going to be extremely busy. Especially with the new job and driving lessons plus trying to remain sane and keep my social life going, I'll blog whenever I have a spare minute! I've got a few scheduled at the moment and those will be coming up in the next few weeks!
I hope you're all having a fab week and didn't have quite the dramatic weekend that I did! Catch you guys later this week :)
Hi guys, I hope you all had a great week and weekend! I had scheduled my last post to publish last Monday but I clearly forgot to change the date, whoops. It went up at 10:30am just on the wrong date, I'm still getting a handle on this whole scheduling blogging posts thing.
San Francisco was incredible. Although our trip was short, I feel like we packed a ton of stuff in, in the little time we had. I'm going to recap our trip in two parts because we all know how much I like to babble and I don't want to overwhelm you with 1,000 pictures.
We left early Sunday morning and arrived around noonish SF time. After we got out the airport we drove straight to the Golden Gate Bridge. I was a little bummed at the beginning of the week when I read that it was suppose to rain the whole time we were there. But fate was on our side and the weather was gorgeous the ENTIRE time!!
On the way there we drove by the Palace of Fine Arts, which was absolutely stunning. Imagine getting married there, that must be incredible!
After I hopped out the car, took about 30 pictures of the palace, we got back on the road and headed to the Golden Gate Bridge. I was so excited, who knew a bridge could be so amazing, right?!
We took a drive up to an overlook area and the view was absolutely breathtaking. You could see the whole bay and even Alcatraz in the far distance.
I took over 1,000 pictures during our four days there. Yes, I think I actually photographed every.single.damn.thing!! I didn't want my mind to ever forget all the things we saw. I zoomed in on the bridge, snapped a couple pictures, then zoomed in on some trees and snapped a few more. I may have gone slightly overboard!
This is Oakland Bay Bridge. Yes another bridge, but equally as beautiful as the first. I am in love with this picture. The sky looks gorgeous. Don't you just want to float on those clouds? But maybe that's just my crazy imagination but I think they look so comfy.
Then we headed off to see the Full House house and the Painted Ladies. I totally geeked out over the Full House house. The first tv show I watched when I moved to America was Full House. I watched it everyday after school for an hour. So seeing this was pretty damn cool.
I think Alamo Square and the Painted Ladies were cooler than the actual house because these both still looked exactly like it did in the show whereas the house no longer looks exactly the same. As I was taking pictures the theme tune song was playing in my head over and over!
Ghirardelli Square was as sweet as I expected! (Pun intended, I just had to;). It's such a beautiful little place and even more gorgeous at night, with all the fairy lights. My granddad was in absolute heaven with his huge ice-cream (the one in the middle). My dad and I shared a cookie dough type sundae and it was delicious. I wish I had that in front of me right now, it was what dreams are made off.
Congrats if you made it through all that without wanting to exit of the page, it was longwinded. I'm going to leave you with one last picture then head off to bed and read Amy Poehler's Yes Please book, so hilarious. I'll hopefully post the second recap on Alcatraz & our Cable Car ride later this week till then have a great day :)
"Every one of the hundred thousand cities around the world has its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down."
Have you ever been to San Francisco? What was your favourite thing you saw?
What's your favourite city that you've ever visited?
Any suggestions as to where I should visit in America??
I can't believe I've been 18 for almost two months. Time always flies by now. I can't believe how quickly the last 2 months have gone and I swear since my 15th birthday, they all seem to go by in a whizz. I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing on my 19th, shocked at how quickly the year has gone by.
I thought I'd do this little fun facts list since I always love reading that type of thing and also because I'm away right now in San Francisco and this was super easy to type up in a hurry :)
18) My favourite chocolate is Galaxy, which I'm sure would not impress my dad, who works for a chocolate company that makes delicious chocolate. But there's just something about it and it beats Cadburys (sorry!;)
17) When we moved to America, I became obsessed with Full House. I have seen every episode and used to watch it for an hour everyday after school. I just heard that they're making a spin-off show with DJ and Kimmy, urm how amazing is that going to be!!!
16) After I visited LA, two years ago, I had a secret wish to become an actresses. I started googling acting classes and everything. Then I came home and realised it was most likely not going to happen. Plus I realised it's probably not as cool as we may think it is to be famous. But you gotta dream big right?!
15) My dream vacation is to go to Australia. Ever since I started watching Home & Away, 9 years ago, I have been dying to go! Hopefully some day I will, it's just the flight that doesn't sound good. Or the spiders, bugs and snakes. That part scares the crap out of me.
14) I've never broken a bone. I've pulled my left hamstring twice, pulled my back and had a lot of other health issues but never broken a single bone.
13) I probably watch at least 3-4 Friends episodes a day. No, I never get sick of it, if you're wondering. Weekends are the worst, I watch it LOADS! Yes, my life is so exciting. (Lately though I haven't had time and it's been quite sad not getting my daily dose;)
12) I can never ever pick one movie to name as my favourite, it's just too hard. But my top three favourite movies are Something Borrowed, The Best Man Holiday and Baby Mamma!
11) Going along with number 12, I can watch movies over and over again. Most people I know, can't watch movies over again like I can. I can watch one on Monday and watch it again on Wednesday! I think I've seen Something Borrowed over 50 times now!
10) My favourite flowers are pink roses. They're so pretty!
9) My favourite hot chocolate mix is Cadbury's Fudge hot chocolate, only time I'll drink milk.
8) I love going to the beach but I don't like swimming in the ocean, weird I know. I just hate not being able to see in the water. I love swimming pools because I can see everything. In the ocean however, you can't see crap!
7) The only shoes I wear all summer are flip-flops (except for when I'm running or at a nice occasion).
6) My favourite breed of dog is Bernese Mountain Dog. They don't have a long life expectancy sadly but I they're the cutest! Although I think when I finally settle down and have kids I would love to have a German Shepherd, I've always thought they make perfect family dogs!
5) My favourite type of food is Mexican. Every time I'm in Chicago, we always go to a Mexican restaurant, I love it SO much! Best Mexican I ever had was at restaurant in LA.
4) I read celebrity and fitness magazines like nobodies business, it all started when we moved to America, they're at every checkout. Now, every time I'm at my dads I can't resist buying every type of fitness magazine they have.
3) My grandma's green beans are the most delicious things you will ever taste. I don't know what she cooks it in or what spices she puts on them, but they're beyond amazing. And her waffles are the best too. Basically my grandma is the best cook ever!!
2) I have the loudest laugh ever. Most people love it and most people tell me that my laugh makes them laugh. Teachers on the other hand tell me to shut up about a 100 times a day. I'm probably one of the happiest people at school you'll ever meet. I may not always be super happy on the inside, but I think a smile and some laughter is always the way to feel better!
1) I actually created this list almost 4 months before my actual birthday, I was just so excited to be turning 18 and wanted to write something fun like this.
I hope you're all having a great week and I'll be back at the end to recap you all on our time in San Francisco.
Hi guys!! I hope you all had a great week! This week unlike the past 3, has flown by! I meant to pop in yesterday but my day was super hectic, more on that in a minute. (I just want to warn you that I had wrote most of this on the plane and hadn't spoke to anyone in 6 hours, so it's quite all over the place!)
We finished school on Wednesday and I have probably never been so happy to leave that place as I was then. It's been a super stressful term and I desperately need these two weeks off to recharge mentally and physically.
I was a total idiot this time around and didn't start packing until Thursday! I had plans to meet a few friends during the day and pack late afternoon. Well a couple hours turns into 4 and I was running from one thing to the next. I popped back home at 4:15 only to leave again at 4:45 to meet Delina for a quick Tesco trip!
We both went back to mine, I chucked some more clothes into my suitcase, then quickly ate my dinner before heading out again. I was meeting some friends in town but they had decided to go to McDonald's!
Now I had never walked all the way there before from my house and after yesterday I will never be doing it again. Our McDonalds is right outside of the actual town centre and on the motorway. There is a path to get there but there were no lights. So I was fast paced walking like a mad women, checking behind every 2 mins to see if someone was there. Not a fun experience. I got a well deserved mcflurry and diet coke. Perfection- almost worth the horrific walk. Almost.
We all walked back together until it was just me and my friend, becky! We talked for a half hour then I had to rush home and finish that dreaded suitcase.
I hadn't really thought about my "stomach thing/problem" before I had walked for about an hour and a half. But by the time I got home and upstairs, I was in agony and I could barely walk. So I decided to just get to sleep and wake up earlier instead. No point in hurting myself more when I had a busy day of travelling ahead.
Yesterday was go, go, go. The travel to the airport and the plane journey went without a hitch. I think the part I hate most is the landing, especially since you have to have the window open and it makes me so nauseous to watch us land, but I made it today without being sick, just about. I have no idea why the sky was making me feel SO sick this time. Ekkk it was not good, I was crossing my fingers the whole time I would be sick🙏
I read almost the whole of If I Stay, yes I'm so late on that one but for some reason I just couldn't get into it!! But now I can't put it down and I can't wait to watch the movie (which I actually got for Christmas!!). My gosh is it sad though. I'm sure everyone around me though I was crazy, this book has had me in tears basically from the beginning. I just had to put down because I was crying way too much and I had too much mascara on to deal with all the tears aha!! I'm sure I'll cry 10 times more with the movie. 3 these pages were so sad :(
I had some problems again with my passport but luckily it was sorted within an hour or so and I got to my dads at around 8:45 ish in the evening. Lila was still up and I got lots of cuddles.
I honestly love big hellos. Being reunited with people you love after so long. It's got to be one of life's greatest joys. Even though the goodbyes are hell, running up to my family after 2-3 months apart is amazing. I've got the added bonus of having my grandparents here, who I haven't seen since Christmas. I'm extremely close with my Mamie (grandma in french) and getting to see her (and my Papy) again before the summer is great!! It's like a family reunion at my dads right now ;)
I'm not sure when I'll next get to blog. I might write a post and schedule it for Monday whilst we're away. I want to do a proper recap of our time in San Fransisco. I literally can't wait to explore a new place. Even though I don't particularly like planes, cars, trains or any mode of transport really because of the anxiety I get, I absolutely love to travel and see new places. I'm getting super excited to see the Full House house. Major dork moment but I can't wait to just see where they filmed that show that I became obsessed with when we first moved to America! Anne-Claire and I always used to joke that our friendship was basically like DJ and Kimmy Gibler's!
We've got a busy day and I've got to go take my shower and finish unpacking! Hope you all have a great Easter weekend, whatever you may be doing, celebrating or not, I hope it's a good one :)
Easter has always been one of my favourite holidays. I think enjoying Easter happens in two phases of our life, first when we're little and second when we have children of our own.
I'm sort of in the phase where Easter is pretty boring and all I look forward to is the chocolate egg my mum buys me! Yes, I'm 18 and yes, I still get Easter eggs :) I'll be in America this Easter and I think Lila is still too young to understand it all, but hopefully next year I can really enjoy it with her.
One of my favourite memories when growing up was going to France during the Easter holidays (I wish there was another word for Easter because I feel like I'm really shoving it in your faces;) and all my cousins would come round for an Easter egg hunt. In France, it's not the rabbits that "bring the eggs", it's bells that "drop" eggs in the garden.
Rabbits is probably more believable but as a child I never questioned why bells were bringing the Easter eggs, I just woke up in the morning and impatiently waited till everyone got there. Then scoffed my face with chocolate for the next 2 days :)
Since the novelty of Easter has worn off over the years, I get overly excited to bake something eastery (not a word, but it works) every year.
I've seen many variations of these "surprise" pound cakes and have wanted to bake it since I first remember seeing it. Since Easter is right around the corner and I got a cute little rabbit cookie cutter for Christmas, I thought it was the perfect time to give it a whirl.
It requires a little more effort than the usual pound cake but it's totally worth it when you inside and see a cute little rabbit in the middle. I'm not going to lie, I didn't go as smoothly as I had hope but when I cut into it and saw the bunny, all the hard work was worth it.
I made a silly mistake. I put some batter on the bottom of the tin because I thought that would help the bunnies stay in place but instead they starting poking through the top and the batter almost overflowed. Whoops. However, it all ended well.
Icing. Not only does it taste amazing and keep the cake moist but it also hides all imperfections in your cake. I didn't want any of those bunny ears showing at the top to ruin the surprise inside.
You can always use boxed pound cake mix but I used a homemade recipe instead because let's face it homemade cake always trumps cake from a mix.
I adapted the recipe from Southern Living
I hope you get the time to bake this, this Easter. Don't be scared off because it's not as complicated as I thought it would be. Yes, it's hard and yes, it takes a lot of time but when you cut into it and see how cool it looks, you'll be so happy you did it. Plus it's super cute and sure to be a crowd pleaser :)
1) Hi!! Did this week drag for anyone else? I feel like it just went on and on forever! I can't say I've got anything to be excited for this weekend but at least I can catch up on some sleep and school work.
2) I just came home from my friend's gig, a few of the boys in my friendship group have a band and this was their second gig! It was a chilled one and I love watching them play, you can always see when people truly feel the music and enjoy what they're singing :)
3) On my run last week all I could stare at was how beautiful it was. It definitely made my run go very quickly because the colours were changing the whole time!!
4) I did a little reorganising of my Pinterest boards for recipes. Before I had one board called "Sweet Tooth" with over 2,000 recipes of just about any baked treat and it was just becoming to uncategorised and messy for my liking. So I created 5 different boards (eg cupcakes, cookies etc). It'll take me a while to get back to 2,000 recipes but I feel so much better. Yep, I'm officially that crazy person who organises their Pinterest boards.
5) Our boiler broke yesterday and it's quite cold to say the least. I was so cold earlier so the onesie came back out of the wardrobe. Onesie, winter duvet and fluffy blanket. The struggle is real, folks ;)
6) Baked beans on a baked potato with melted cheese is the best!! Ultimate comfort food for me is this. Quite British though but don't diss it till you try it!
7) I'm finally getting a haircut tomorrow! It's been about 4 months since my last one, I think. I'm truly blessed with some great hair because I can go months without a haircut but maybe 4 months is pushing it slightly ;)
8) This made me laugh way more than it should have. Maybe because I'm not really a fan of Kanye or overly confident people in general. He just annoys me so much and needs to get over himself already. Enough said.
9) Lila did the funniest thing on Facetime the other day. She held the phone and ran around the house, giggling and didn't let anyone else speak to me. She would scream/cry every single time the phone gotten taken from her. It was so cute!
10) Some of the professional pictures we took back in February came back this week and I was so excited to see them!! I can't even express in words how obsessed I am about the picture with our converse!! I've put a few of my favourites in a gallery below for you guys to see :)
11) This quote sums up how I feel about some people right now. I think we all have those phases of really disliking people. Numerous have gotten on the wrong side of me and I've just decided to ignore them and move on. Being the bigger person always works best.
12) Always have to end on a even number, I clearly had a lot of random thoughts on my mind to share with you all today. I really wanted to get this posted on Friday but it's 12:04pm here but if you're in America then it's still Friday so technically it's all good ;)
Some questions for you-
How often do you get your haircut?
Is there a quote that perfectly describes how you feel right now?
Do you like Kanye? Or is it just me that finds him super arrogant & annoying?
What's your favourite "comfort food" dinner?
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I'll be back on Monday! :)
Change the world, one act of kindness at a time
A little bit of honesty
Red Velvet Brownies with peanut butter glaze
Broccoli, Cheese and Onion Tart
Changed forever- the power of helping others