Any fun plans for this weekend?
What's been the best part of your Friday?
1) Hi guys, how are you all?! I am absolutely wiped out from this week. Holy cow, I knew the Christmas season would be tiring but it seems like everything is non-stop at the moment.
2) Thankfully we have a super chill weekend on the schedule. My cold is a little better but my mum seems to have caught a nastier cold than me :( I'm thinking bed, movies and chocolates sounds pretty perfect!!
3) I would like to seriously apologise for the lack of recipes lately. When I started the blog I was thinking mainly recipes and a little bit of my life but know it's mainly life posts with a few recipes :( I knew starting A-Levels would be a LOT of work but I think I underestimated how exhausted I would be at the end of each day! Fitting in baking, photo taking, editing and then writing a post takes a lot of time. I love love writing recipes and baking and I !! I hoping after all the Christmas craziness I can start posting more of them more regularly!!
4) I'M SO EXCITED!! Have you heard? Pitch Perfect 2 is coming out May 2015!! I can't wait, yes I'm one of those people that knows the lines and songs word for word ;)
5) The new season of Melissa & Joey is finally playing here and I'm so happy I can start watching it again. Before we moved back I had watched from the beginning but they took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to play it here! to It's SO funny, watch it :)
6) I was making soup for dinner and was planning on putting some baby peas & carrots in but since I literally can't stop myself from eating them when I open a jar, I had eaten half of them before I had even put them in the soup!
7) I really want to run a half marathon sometime next year. I'm reading running articles non-stop at the moment and I actually don't think it's too ambitious to think it could happen by this time next year!! Once I have that 10k mileage cracked, I'm going for it ;)
8) Growing up I used to hate Deal Or No Deal but now all of a sudden I've been watching it every day. I'm like an old lady, I come home from school, get my cup of coffee and watch it. I get WAY to in to and actually clap when they get a lot of money!!
9) I'm thinking of going to Cambridge this weekend to do my Christmas shopping. I'm sort of dreading it already because it's always hectic at the shopping centres there but I can't imagine what it's like right now!
10) Fellow Brits, have you been watching I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!! OMG, hilarious! Yesterday I was literally on the edge of the sofa as Kendra and Jimmy had to eat things like fish and pig eyeballs etc! For those who have no idea what this is, basically a bunch of celebrities go into a jungle and have to complete a load of crazy things whilst having no typical necessities!!
11) Well that's all I've got folks! I know this is really late for putting up a post but I suppose better late than never, right?! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend :)
What is your fun fact for today?
Any fun plans for this weekend?
What's been the best part of your Friday?
Hi everyone, I hope you're all well! Yesterday was way to tiring to even think about blogging, those days happen! It's November and it's clearly the season to be sick. Every. Single. Person. seems to have a cold right now :( Germs spread like wildfire at school and all the snotty younger kids seem to always sneeze all over me, urgh!! I'm hoping this cold goes away by next week!
Backing up to Friday for a moment. I finally made my salmon pasta again and it was delicious, exactly what I was craving!!
There's a line right down the middle of that chocolate so that it can be perfectly split in half. Do they really think people are going to share a Lindt chocolate? Um no, no we aren't ;)
We spent Friday night watching Children In Need and I have to say, I wasn't feeling it like the other years and I didn't think the acts were really good. But my favourite part was when Eastenders did Grease songs, loved it!! Although I didn't like the entertainment much, I always love the real life stories, they're so heartwarming! Well done England for setting a record of £31 million!!
Just in case you were wondering, I'm still obsessed with my candles. I put a couple on my Christmas list 'cough cough' mum ;) I think that's a big enough hint!
This weekend was actually really great. One of those weekends that is good for the soul. What's better for the soul than being by the sea!
We went to visit my mum's friend down in Brighton and a couple other friend's of hers came down too! There was lots of chatter, laughing and me getting to spend the night with some slightly drunk adults, which is always quite funny! A lot funnier than drunk teenagers ;)
The weather in England never fails to amaze me. One minute is was chucking it down with rain, five minutes late it was sunny and another five minutes after that the sun was almost blinding! It changed so unbelievably quickly.
Car rides are my favourite because whenever we stop to get lunch there is always a Marks & Spencers. I feel sorry if you live outside of the UK because M&S, is literally the best place ever!!
I got the strongest craving for salt when we were in the car. Not unhealthy things like crisps but I just felt like my body really needed some salt, it was W-E-I-R-D!! The only thing I had was peppers and red pepper (!!) humous, which seemed to settle it for a while!
Cutest Coke bottle ever. I love when all the companies get super Christmassy!! So happy my favourite time of year is back again :)
Today has been moving along slowly. I'm thankful that I had two frees after lunch so I could go home because my sniffling was getting out of control! I'm mentally prepping for one cold after the other till about February, I have the worst immune system EVER!! I need to start eating some vitamin C, asap ;)
I hope you all have a relaxing night! I'm off to make dinner. On the agenda today is mashed potatoes and fish fingers, keeping it simple. Catch you guys later :)
What season are you sick the most?
What's your favourite candle scent?
Do you shop at M&S? If so what's your favourite thing there?
Winter has officially been around for a couple weeks or more like 4 here but I still haven't quite accepted it. The leaves are falling and the temperatures are dropping so I thought it was the perfect time to make a homemade soup.
Homemade soup is one of the most comforting foods, am I right?! Growing up with a French grandma (mamie to me) who is the best cook ever (in my opinion), I had TONS of homemade soup. Any vegetable you can think of probably ended up in one my grandma's creations.
One thing my mamie always put in her soups was pasta. Usually those tiny little ones that you can't even believe is actual pasta....Yeah those one, remember? So a soup without pasta for me is no homemade soup. I added mini shells and they were perfect for this soup.
I found this soup really hard to photograph but it tasted so good that I had to share the recipe right away, so take no notice of the less than stellar pictures :)
This soup is by no means watery or even particularly liquidy. It has a lot of texture to it, packed with loads of flavours that scream Autumn and Winter. I personally like a thick soup every once in a while, it fills me up longer and makes it feel like a proper meal instead of one of those canned soups.
Have you ever cut a butternut?! Seriously, how in the heck was that so bloody difficult. It takes less than an hour to make this soup but the butternut probably took me 30 minutes alone to cut. Pro tip- plan a week in advance of when you're going to make this and hit the weights because you're gonna need a heck of a lot of strength to cut this up!! Probably the best advice I'll give you on the blog ;)
This was my first time making homemade soup and my first time cooking with butternut squash, both were a success! Butternut squash has such a creamy texture, a little sweet and is pumpkins brother!
I adapted this recipe from Cost Cutters and followed it loosely. This soup is sure to warm you up in the upcoming winter months :) Enjoy!
Hi guys, how are you all?? I'm currently blogging at Costa and it's the first time I've blogged at a coffee shop and it feels very cliche. Whenever I used to think of bloggers, I always used to think of them going to coffee shops, sipping their latte and typing away!
Friday night was pretty chill, I had been invited to go see fireworks and I really really wanted to go but my darn back was pretty painful so I stayed home with my mummy instead!
Neither of us could be bothered to cook so we ordered pizza. Ah so delicious and then had a pistachio Magnum for dessert, they're the best!! Please try them if you haven't.
Saturday was actually a great day, just lots of little things that made it good! I finally got my hair cut, thank goodness! I meant to take a before picture and then completely forgot! But I do have an after picture :) I feel totally awkward put up a selfie but otherwise I can't show you aha!
Now I know I actually get excited about Tescos every week but this week we actually bought quite a few things that weren't food!! Now, I have no clue what happened but whilst I was in America it's like I grew up about 10 years and I'm now obsessed with candles. I used to hate them, didn't really see the point and thought they were a waste of money. Not anymore, I love them now!! I only have 3 but if you have an extra candle lying around that you don't want, feel free to send it my way ;)
The white linen smells like freshly washed clothes which is basically my favourite most comforting smell ever, it's heaven! Ok seriously, if you live near a Target please go right now and buy the Bali Sunrise candle!! It smells SO amazing and tropical, ah I love it! I can't wait to go to Bath & Body Works when I go to America in February, I'll go candle crazy ;)
I also got this super cute new pillow and some pretty cute Christmas socks, it was definitely necessary to start the Christmas season :)
Saturday evening was an epic fail on many levels. We wanted to watch The Fault In Our Stars, so I get my brand NEW dvd and put it into the computer, then it's the wrong region. We have no more region changes (does anyone else get so annoyed with this?!!!) and then the dvd will NOT come out. (Still haven't got it out yet!!). So we ended up watching X-Factor, which isn't good anymore because Jack's out :( So I really wasn't a happy bunny on Saturday night, I was so excited to watch that movie as well and I almost cried because we couldn't get it out!!
On Sunday, I finally managed to sleep in, thank god!! My mum cooked some roast chicken and we had that for lunch, yum!! Ok that drink from Tescos is so addicting, it's delicious! I don't buy it every week because otherwise I would drink nothing else!! I then went to Costa to meet my blogging friend, Grace. We chitchatted for a few hours, did blog work and I ate one of Costa's delicious millionaire shortbread!
This literally cracked me up for a good few minutes, so hilarious!!
Sunday night, my mum's friend and her daughter came over and we talked for a few hours before it was finally time for bed! So far Monday has been a pretty easy day, I'm home right now because I had 3 free's in a row and my back is so thankful for the comfort of the sofa!! I hope you all have a great day! I'm really hoping to get a recipe up on Wednesday, so stay tuned :)
Hi guys, how are you all?? I'm super super glad it's Friday, this week has been a rough one!! Since I completely forgot today was Life In Pictures (whoops;), I'm going to just blog about everything and nothing, whatever pops into my mind is what it will be!!
1) So that back pain I've had since Tuesday is officially my first running injury. I went to the doctor today and I have pulled/strained my lower back. It's beyond painful (I'm not ashamed to admit to crying a few times, pulled muscles are no joke!!) and everything I try to do makes it hurt! So I've been ordered not to run for 3 weeks!!! I'm SO sad because I was just starting to train for a 10k but I really need to rest properly so those 3 weeks don't extend to 6 weeks. So be prepared for a little bit of complaining over the next 3 weeks ;) On the plus side, I've gotten out of my chores for this week, mum's going to hate me until I'm healed!!
2) I finally watched the Best Man today and I love it. I prefer The Best Man Holiday but it was so great finally to see the original one. I do wish I had seen the first before the second but hey, that didn't happen.
3) I'm finally getting my scraggly hair cut tomorrow, thank goodness!! I can go a while without having my hair cut but, I've definitely pushed it this time! It's unbelievably long but the ends are awful!!
4) I really really really want some chocolate right now but we don't have any at home :( Sometimes you just can't shake that craving with anything else!!
5) Since it was Bonfire Night on Wednesday, there have been loads of fireworks going on and last night I had a little show right outside my window. Please excuse my awful firework photo taking skills....Or lack thereof!
6) I saw this article (<article link) on Peanut Butter Fingers blog, about which shops you can take your dog into. I was laughing the whole way through, it's probably not even meant to be a funny article but the captions were SO hilarious!
7) So I finally had to hop aboard the pumpkin hype and decided to try this in my coffee. I only had it once and think I put a little too much in and haven't tried it since but I couldn't resist buying it at Target!
8) It is getting mighty cold here now. Everyday when I leave for school, I just want to run back inside and jump into bed. With how cold it is, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting some snow this year!! Living in Chicago for 5 years has made the novelty of snow wear off and I really don't like it!
9) I'm missing the amazing city right now! I'm definitely a city girl at heart and I miss waking up to this view and going to bed seeing all the lights!
10) I've finally finished unpacking my suitcase! It took me about 3 days to build up the motivation to actually take it upstairs to be emptied, so much effort!
11) We're ordering pizza tonight and I'm extremely excited. Something about pizza is so comforting when you don't feel well, to me anyways!
That's all I've got folks. I'm currently watching Friends, which shockingly I haven't watched in 3 weeks. Are you surprised?! I'm trying not to think about the next 3 weeks with no running, I'll just have to live through your runs! Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend :)
Tell me about your run today? Was it good or bad?
What are your plans for the weekend?
Hi guys how are you all? Peeps that had half term, I hope you all had a fabulous week. I got back home two days ago. Today has been slugging along < aha can one even say "slugging", please excuse my weirdness I'm extremely tired and I'm glad it's almost bedtime :)
But first let's back up to Friday shall we?
Friday was Halloween as I'm sure you were all aware of aha! Lila was most definitely the cutest pumpkin in the patch! I literally couldn't take her cuteness in this costume. P.S next year I'm going to get her a cupcake outfit, it has to be done ;)
Friday's weather was unbelievably horrible. Hail, snow, insane wind and Lake Shore Dr flooding, it was crazy!! My grandparents flight was that day and we barely made it to the airport in time but thankfully they arrived home safely after a few hours of delay! But that didn't get our spirits down for the Bulls game, I was pumped, as I always am when I go to their games!!
I made a collage so I'm not bombarding you with a hundred Bulls game pictures. I took way too many videos and I'm screaming like a crazy fan girl in every. single. one. of. them!! They lost, which made me sad but hey it's just a game and they can't always be the best (well in my eyes they are!!). But seriously drose getting injured again, my gosh that guy needs to sort it out, I know it's only a twisted ankle but I feel like he's been getting injured for a long time!!
Saturday morning we went to meet family friends that I hadn't seen in 3-4 years (!!) so that was great but truthfully I was just soaking up every second with my lil' sis!! We then went home and I got to work on that damn suitcase that I left until that absolute last minute. It took me FOREVER!!!
Holy cow will I miss this view and running by the lake! My dad is moving to the suburbs and I've still not quite realised I won't be waking up to this when I next visit!!
Saying goodbye never gets easier the older Lila gets but we're both tough cookies and it makes me so thankful for the time I get with her, my dad and Laura. I certainly don't take them for granted! My flight went alright nothing spectacular but I did manage to sleep for a little while but just couldn't get comfortable so gave up and watched a couple movies.
Best welcome home gift ever! I missed prawn cocktail crisps, yum!! I was so tired when I got home that I actually used an adapter to plug an english cable, WOW!! I didn't realise till yesterday and I just had to snap a picture of it! It's been awfully stressful since I got home (hence why I haven't blogged yet!!). November is looking like a c-r-a-z-y month in and out of school!! I'm desperately counting down till the start of the Christmas holidays on the 19th of December!!
But...... On some good news, guess what I got?!!!
New running shoes!!! They were $50 at Nordstorm Rack so I really couldn't resist! They're a lot less supportive than my other shoes but much more cushiony. I'll only use them for short runs and speed interval runs, but I did run my fastest mile yet in them!! The official time was actually 11:41!!!! I was so happy because my usual mile time is around 12:30ish so I'm getting better!!
I took them on my first winter run of the season back home yesterday! I hate it getting dark so early blahhh!! Who wants to be my running buddy? Running in the park in the dark scares me aha! So in that right picture, we've established that my shoes look pretty darn cool in the dark but my legs not so much, yikes!
I've had the worst back pain I've ever experienced today so I may have to lay off the running for a few days which stinks because I was really getting my groove back and needing it to run off all the stress but I want to stay injury free!!
And that concludes my recap, it was a long one so thanks for staying with me ;) I have a really hectic week so I don't think I'll be back till Friday and I'm looking forward to getting back into the usual things I'm loving Friday or it might be a link up.... Another thing that's happening is my memory is going crazy, can't remember a thing this week!! I need to get started on some crosswords or something! Have a great rest of the week and talk to you guys on Friday, whichever post it may be ;)
Hi guys!! I'm so sorry for being MIA since I left for America. I do have a reason that I haven't been able to. I got a new laptop for my 18th Birthday and Christmas and it made sense to buy it now. Boy oh boy, I didn't realise how long it would take us to transfer everything from one computer to the other. My patience has been greatly tested! I finally remembered my Weebly password to log on, on my dad's computer. Hallelujah, I've missed rambling on about my life.
I thought this image would be the death of me. Want to know something incredible, that minute lasted over 36 hours!! Oh yes I'm pissed ;)
I'm so mad because I had written a post on the plane and now it's completely pointless to post since so much has happened since Monday! This post might be a bit jumbled all over the place, but lets roll with it.
I can't stop and I won't stop. Passion iced tea lemonade is literally the only drink I ever buy at Starbucks. Whenever in America, I just go crazy and drink loads of them because back in England, I don't live near a Starbucks. You gotta do what you gotta do ;)
Sunday night I hung out with Anne-Claire, we went and got stir-fry for dinner and of course, froyo for dessert!!
This view will never ever get old. It's beyond beautiful. Chicago at night is one of my favourites. Running by this is the only motivation one needs. I've only been once but I need to go again before I leave. Been dealing with a super sore back, lifting the munchkin all the time is probably not helping ;)
We're the best of friends now. She's so attached to me, I love it!! She gets SO happy when she sees me in the morning, it melts my heart :)
On Tuesday night we went to meet one of my dad's work friends and he took us to this super fancy steakhouse! The name isn't coming to me right now but probably some of the most delicious fries I've had in my life, I'm not kidding!!
Yesterday I went shopping and spent way to much as usual. I literally get SO unbelievably happy when I walk into a Target. You have no idea. Gives me such a rush of happiness. (Only after reading that sentence back have I realised how sad I sound ah!!). I ended up buying way to many things that I probably don't need but I'm so happy I grabbed these two DVDs!!
I also went to Old Navy and got some great deals! I haven't taken pictures of the clothes yet, but maybe I'll do a little fashion post of everything I bought next week!
Delina knows me extremely well. That's what best friends are for, she supports all my weird obsessions ;)
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous since I've been here! Don't get me wrong it's been super windy but the sun has been shining the whole time!
And that brings us up to speed with everything. Today I've got another busy day, I'm most likely heading out again so I can get some present shopping done before I leave. Tomorrow night, I'm going to the Bulls game with my dad and I'm literally SO excited!! I hope you're all having a fabulous week and I'll be back soon for another chat! I may not be back again till I get home on Sunday but we'll see.
Happy Friday guys!! This week has probably been the most exhausting since I started school, I just all of a sudden seemed to have about 3 essays to complete by Wednesday and come Thursday, I was absolutely shattered!!
Tomorrow I'm off to America and I can't wait to see everyone, my grandparents are visiting as well, so it's a big family holiday!
Today is time for another Life in pictures (life in pictures is taking lots of pictures from your week or day and avoid writing a lot!), two weeks ago I did my first link up post and I had so much fun so I'm joining in again this week! Hop on over to check out Linda's post and some other great bloggers posts :) Today's life in pictures will be a mesh, mash of the whole week!
I get to see her TOMORROW!!!!!
2 months till Christmas, I cannot wait!!
As you can tell I've had an exceptionally boring week and have barely made it out of the house unless it was to go to school! I'm in desperate need of this week off :) I'm off to the dinner and the cinema with Delina tonight. We're going to see Love, Rosie and I CANNOT wait, I'm quite excited. Not like that wasn't obvious or anything ;)
I hope you all have a great Friday night and I'll check back in soon once I've settled at my dads :) Have a fab weekend!