We're off to Shedd Aquarium today then Anne-Claire is coming over, so an exciting day planned! Only two more of these then we're done! I thought they were a good idea for when I was on vacation :)
1) Safe Haven. One of my most favourite books ever, it was so full of emotions and the movie just makes the book even better. You definitely have to read the book before watching it, it's so good!
2) The Shopaholics series. All of the books are so brilliant and I just found out there's a new one coming out soon, I'm so excited. I think they're so effortlessly easy to read and so real life funny!
3) Before I die. I know everyone is on a "Fault in our stars" hype but this book came out long ago and is still one of my favourites. It's so real and tells the story of a girl trying to fulfill her bucket list before she dies. They made a movie called "Now is good" which I did not like at all, the book is 1,000 times better, read it!!
Hope you all have a fab day! Catch you guys later :)
What are 2 of your favourite books? I'm always looking for new books to read :)
I still have to recap Sweden and recap France...Maybe those will never happen but I had a fab time in both places. Actually scratch that, I really want to recap France because I have so many things to say. I should learn to put some of my thoughts in a little mental box and pack it away. I actually took no pictures in Sweden, just enjoyed quality time! I grew up with the family we visited and hadn't seen them in 7 years, it was so amazing to see them again!
Anyways back to recapping Chicago. It has been go go go since we got here and I'm only just getting a few minutes to sit and relax. I'm going to binge watch the Bachelorette. I started playing episode one, so obviously I have to watch it all. I surprisingly haven't heard anything online about this season so it's all exciting.
The flight went well, the landing not so well, anxiety kicked in big time but once we got out the plane I calmed down. The pilot was the nicest pilot I've ever flown with and told us when we flew over these gorgeous mountains in Greenland, pretty incredible right?!
Lila and Laura came with my dad to the airport which was a surprise and I was so happy to see them and Lila was very excited! We went straight to Maccy D's for some food! Lila of course threw all her hamburger pieces on the floor, since that is super funny to her right now...Not so fun to clean up ;)
My dad had to move a couple months ago, so they're renting a place in the city and the building has a gym and a pool, so I was SUPER excited! Every time we've been to the pool, it's been just us so it's like a private pool!! The view of the lake never gets old, it's beyond beautiful!!
We went to Target (I LOVE Target) and I bought 2 running shorts, a cardigan, which has little whales on them, I thought it was so cute and 2 workout dvds...Not bad! And this I have never see, the shopping trolleys have their own escalator!!
On Sunday, we went to the suburbs for something and stopped for some lunch, man was this good, but I didn't eat too much since my stomach felt funny from the flight! Been enjoying LOTS of cookie dough ice-cream ;)
Enjoying lots of quality time with Lila. We went to the zoo yesterday, which was fun but tiring. Since Laura is gone for work, I'm playing mummy and I felt like I did everything yesterday, hoping for a more laid back evening today, if the two guys help out at all (a girl can dream, right)!!
Today we're off to Michigan Avenue aka the Magnificent Mile for some shopping. I'm hoping it's not too hot because being hot and shopping just stresses me out! I'll be back in a couple days! I've got my race on Sunday, bit nervous since training hasn't gone exactly to plan on vacation and treadmill running is a lot harder than outdoor running, to me anyways! I hope you all have a fabulous hump day :)
Hey guys, how are you all? Alexis and I arrived safely in Chicago and have been busy ever since! I'm working on a recap of the last couple of days but the time just slips away when you're having fun! Tomorrow we're babysitting Lila and taking her to the zoo, so a fun day planned! I can't wait to see her reaction to the animals :)
Well this challenge day is just cruel and should have been #10. We all know how much I love films so four favourites is going to be hard to choose!
1) Something Borrowed. This is my favourite film, it's SO good, I just love it so much. I love a good romance story but this is different and it's so real! I read both books and then completely fell in love with the film. I watch it every time I travel- it never gets old.
2) Grown Ups 1, I love it so much, it's so effortlessly funny. I thought #2 was trying a bit too hard, I still laughed though but the first one is amazing!
3) Baby Mamma, gosh I have so much love for this movie. It's been my number 1 favourite since it came out. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are just an amazing duo and act so well together, they're hilarious!
4) The Vow. I cried, I laughed and I felt every emotion. I just love Rachel McAdams and she plays this so well. I have easily watched this over 30 times since I got it on DVD and I just love every part of it!
I'm off to bed now, since I've got to be up before Lila wakes up! I hope you all had a fab start to the week! Catch up with you guys soon :)
What's your favourite movie?
What's your favourite movie genre?
This is probably the easiest recipe ever. I had seen these zucchini pizzas floating around Pinterest and thought I should give them a try! They were good but they kind of reminded me that zucchini just isn't a vegetable that I love, however if you're a fan of it, you'll love this recipe!
They take less than 5 minutes to prep and less than 15 minutes to cook! I didn't follow anyones recipe because it looked pretty simple too me.
These are so much healthier than normal pizzas, which is why I justified putting so much cheese on them. You can easily switch the salmon to any kind of meat and the cheese can be whatever you like! So many possibilities!
How easy is that? It's super healthy but still indulgent. It's a spin on pizza, I have yet to try the zucchini pizza crust, but that sounds really good!
Alexis (my cousin in the Who's Who page) and I are off for Chicago tomorrow morning! I super excited, a little anxious considering everything that is going on in the traveling world at the moment but we'll be fine! Not sure when I'll be back to post but I hope you all have a fabulous weekend :)
Ever tried zucchini pizza?
Have you tried pizza with a zucchini or cauliflower crust?
This is hard because I can't show you any of my own videos that I love, so I'm going to put up 5 videos from youtube that I just love. Since I don't have my own youtube (I will one day) I can't put up any videos that I have that I love, like Lila laughing, now that is a video I will always LOVE!!
Why oh why is this so funny to me, I really don't have a clue. But I can watch it on repeat at least 10 times and still be laughing!
You don't have to watch the whole 6 minutes but I recommend it. I kind of feel like a bad person for laughing but then I realised we've all slipped on ice and been laughed at or laughed at someone who has. This guy filming- gosh he makes me laugh 10x's harder.
I love love love Something Borrowed and this is by far my favourite scene out of the whole movie. I kind of want to recreate this with one of my best friends. Anne-Claire and I did try to create "our own dance" but it didn't work too well aha!
I don't really follow any Youtubers beside Sprinkle of Glitter but when I found out Zoella had a brother, I looked him up and have watched every one of his videos since. He's just so weird and funny, it was hard to pick a favourite!
Ellen Degeneres is so funny and I love when she sends Amy to say things that Ellen is saying, it's so funny and I kind of what to do it but I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face! I have no clue how Amy does it but it's priceless!
I promise the next thing I post will be a recipe, since I've thrown 3 of these in a row at you!
I could go about this two ways, 6 people in my life that I love or 6 people I don't know that I love. Tough decision but unlike day 7 I can divide this in two- thankfully!! Now, I just want to say I obviously love more than the 3 people I'm going to mention, so don't judge me for not picking mum & dad :)
1) Lila, I mean obviously she was going to be the first one right?! Lila is my girl, she is and always will be, I have so much love for her, more than I knew possible and she isn't a "half" to me, she's my sister, point blank. I think I adore her so much right now because she can't talk, judge, be annoying or do anything- she's helpless, laughs at my silly faces and when she sees me each half term she goes crazy- it's the best feeling in the world.
2) Delina. Now I have other best friends and they mean the world to me so don't be upset if you're reading because you know I love you but Delina and I have formed such a friendship over the last two years and she has seriously made my life better, she knows every single thing about me, all my secrets and flaws and still puts up with me everyday- she deserves a medal, seriously! Thanks for being my best friend D, I love you:)
3) Can I say Lucy? Yes, yes I can because to me she's like a mini person. In light of recent events with Lucy, I realized how important she is to me, I mean I always knew but I have no idea what I would do without her, I know I'll have to manage without her one day but for now she's one of my best friends! *I wrote this before putting her down and I think it's such a statement that I don't want to change it. P.S. I am managing without her but it's still too fresh to talk about but I intend on writing a post.
4) I love Ellen Degeneres, she is absolutely hilarious and such an amazing person, her show makes my day, you have to watch it!
5) I absolutely love Seth Rogen, I just find him so incredibly funny and I love any film that he is in, he's so effortlessly funny which is the best kind of funny, it's not forced!
6) I love Adam Sandler, I LOVE every film he's been in, he just cracks me up so much. Are you sensing a theme with my 3 people? What can I say, I love funny people that make me laugh.
I hope you all have a great day, I'm going to be posting another recipe on Thursday then hopefully a recap on my time in France....I'm usually really good at writing about my holidays but this time around I have been SO busy that I've only had time to log on and post pre-written post, hey it happens ;)
I hope you all had a fab weekend. It was tough waking up today after a super late night, but luckily I have absolutely no plans for today, which is going to be great after non-stop plans all week!
I had a slight problem deciding how to do this challenge day because I was going to divide it up and do places I want to go and my favourite places, but it's an odd number and I can't do that, yeah I've got slight ocd. So I'm going with 7 places I love here and not 7 places I want to go!
1) England. I'm British through and through, well technically not very British but I'm born and bread here and it will forever be my home, wherever I venture off into the world, I'll always land my feet back home- a little cringey but it felt right ;)
2) Chicago. Chicago is an amazing city and deserves a lot more appreciation than it gets. It's so beautiful and there are so many things to do. Would I go back and live there? Probably not (read #1) but I love it so much and am very privileged to be able to go back so often.
3) France & Norway. I'm putting these as one because I want to get to some non country places that I love. I obviously love where I'm from and both countries are beyond beautiful and you really have to visit, if you get the chance.
4) The beach. Nothing relaxes or soothes me as much as the beach. I would love to live near one and maybe once I've done the whole "living in london" thing for a couple years, I'll settle down near the sea. I'm a water baby, any chance for a swim I'm up for it and I have so much love for all beaches.
5) Being snuggled up in bed with loads of blankets, a hot chocolate and a film on a cold rainy day= Perfection!
6) The ice-rink will and always be one of my most adored places. There is no feeling quite like the one you get when you glide on perfectly smooth ice and the crisp cold air hits you and you skate around the rink. It's an amazing feeling!
7) Any park- for a number of reasons. To be able to run, running in the park either midday or late evening is so great because it's usually just me. Another thing I love is just sitting in the park on a gloriously sunny day listening to music, that's bliss.
I already know what I want to do for the last challenge- one picture, so I'm going to be posting a few in the next couple of weeks, so I can time it perfectly! I hope you all enjoyed the Red Velvet Brownie recipe, just looking at the pictures makes me want to whip up a batch! Have a great Monday :)
What is one place you love?
What is one place you want to visit? Italy, is on the top of my list, for sure!
I LOVE red velvet, it's my favourite cake flavour and I've been dying to try out red velvet brownies. I love a good brownie, I mean really who doesn't but up until 6 months ago brownies and I, didn't have a good track record, I never used to be able to bake brownies something would always go wrong but then one magical time, it all went right and I haven't looked back since.
My, my this peanut butter glaze is incredible. I used it on some banana bread a while back and have been dying to make it again. So, I naturally had to make it when brownies were involved.
They look slightly under baked but they weren't. They were the perfect amount of chewiness and fudginess < think I just made a new word ;)
You can't not have these without the peanut butter glaze...That just isn't right, okay! Don't even think about skipping this part. Normal icing is boring, delicious but sometimes boring this peanut buttery creamy glaze brings these brownies to the next level.
Makes 9 brownies
115 grams of butter
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 cup of caster sugar
1/4 cocoa powder + 3/4 plain flour, sifted together
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon red food coloring
For the glaze-
1/2-3/4 cup powdered/icing sugar
1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter, add more if desired
1-2 teaspoon/s milk, more or less depending on desired consistency
How to make-
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25-30 minutes Cool + decorating time: 15 minutes
Recipe adapted from Gal On A Mission
These are sinfully good and dead easy to make, seriously I couldn't believe that I had these decadent brownies in less than an hour, with minimal clean-up, an added bonus! Make these for your next party and they'll be eaten within 5 minutes...No scratch that, within 1 minute! ;)