Hello hello, I hope you've all had a fabulous weekend and are feeling rested for the week ahead. But first, I can't carry on without acknowledging the horrific attack that happened on Friday. I am forever proud to be from such a beautiful country and my heart aches with everyone there right now. I'm beyond thankful and relieved that all my family and friends over there are safe. My thoughts are going out to everyone affected and all the other countries that have experienced tragic attacks over the last few weeks.
It's going to be a stressful few days, I've got lots going on and I have to work every day this week. I'm just thinking about the extra money I'll have for Christmas shopping in a couple weeks. We're also dog sitting from Wednesday till Monday and I can't wait to have two adorable doggies to snuggle with!!
I've got a new really quick and delicious lunch or dinner. I found this butternut squash spaghetti at Tescos and thought I'd give it a try and I LOVE it. So simple, fry it for 4-6 mintues, add some tomato sauce and cheese and you've got yourself a healthy alternative to pasta. This time I added cauliflower couscous and it was delicious.
Whilst we're on the subject of food, mum and I finally tried Old El Paso's stand and stuff soft tacos and they were super delicious!! Kind of like an open burrito, they actually weren't too hard to eat and I love any type of Mexican food.
I finally let my friend do my eyebrows the other week and she kept saying how proud of me she was. I've had such a fear of someone doing my eyebrows and messing them up but my friend is pretty great. I think they turned out pretty well!
I saw this on a Buzzfeed article (I can't for my life find it again) and I don't think I've read something as true as this in a long time. I think grief can be from many things, not just from the passing of a loved but any painful thing that has happened and this really put things in perspective for me.
I feel like sometimes I blink and she's just bigger. I never truly understood the whole "they grow up so quickly, they'll be 15 before you know it" but my gosh, I definitely understand it now. The last 2 & half years have flashed by and I'm sure it'll go even quicker when it's my own child. Scary stuff.
How disgusting does this sound?! I mean, I'm no wine connoisseur but yuck!! I actually quite like the Echo Falls Rose fruit infusion but orange and chocolate does not sound good at all. But having said that, I'm quite intrigued to see what it taste like.
This is SO me. I take forever to unpack and my mum absolutely hates it. It's just not really exciting to unpack and tidying everything up, so much effort it required. I found the picture on the right on Instagram and I sent it straight to my friend because it just cracked me up. I'm so like this, when I'm in that mood, there's very few people I can deal with.
I'm feeling quite accomplished that I've managed to finish typing this on Sunday night, it's been a while since I've been productive blog wise. I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out is just about to finish and I'm straight off to bed. I hope you all have a fabulous week. I doubt I'll have time to pop back in before Friday, so I'll catch up with you all at the end of the week :)
1) Yikes, I did not realise it had been almost a month since I last blogged, whoops. Life has been manic. It's been one of those months with one thing after the other and my motivation to blog has been slim to none. Many things have been going on behind the scenes and I just haven't felt up to blogging in a while. I'm not perfect and I certainly have no problem admitting that I just didn't feel like it after a long day of school and work. But I'm back and hopefully won't be gone for another month. So todays post will be a catch up and my usual ramblings that go on in my head.
2) Had a week with this babe a couple weeks ago and my heart was whole again<3
We had LOADS of fun and best part was I got to be there for her first "proper" Halloween, we went trick-or-treating and she loved it! The girl is just like her big sis and wanted ALL the candy;) Missing her more than words could describe. 36 more days till I see her again!!
3) OBSESSED with the new Adele song. I think I played it over 30 times on the way over to America and haven't stopped playing it since I got home, it's so damn good. She came back with a bang, that's for sure. And the French version is just as amazing!
4) I came across this post on Facebook yesterday about how young children describe love. There wasn't a source of where it came from but here are a few of my favourites. And little Billy is one intelligent 4 year old, I've never thought of that before but he's so right!
5) I still haven't seen Pitch Perfect 2 and I don't know how I've gone so long without getting the dvd or finding it online! One of the kids at work was very shocked I hadn't seen it and told me I had to go home right away and watch it, I wish buddy I wish ;)
6) Speaking of work, it's going so well and I absolutely love it.... most days ;) Most of the kiddies are soo sweet and of course there are a few that test my patience but 99% of the time I love turning up to work. I get some sort of artwork every week and it really brightens up my day :)
7) I have a uni visit tomorrow in Cambridge (not Cambridge University, certainly not that smart;) and I'm driving to the Park & Ride on a busy Saturday morning, wish me luck. My test is soon so my anxiety when driving is pretty high but I just remind myself I've been driving for a few months now and I am capable.
8) I still have to finish my Christmas list for my mum. I just can't think of much I want this year, I feel pretty content with everything I have, which is a good thing. It's not as exciting as when you're little and you see all the toy adverts and want every. single. one. I wish I could go back in time and still believe in all the magic of Santa ;)
9) I'm currently sat watching Gogglebox with a cup of tea and some biscuits...Perfection. And this quote is what I tell myself almost every day, I'm ever so British!
10) Alright guys, I know it's short and sweet today but I'm easing back in slowly. I hope you all have a great and relaxing weekend :)
Hello, hello, hello! It's been a while, the last two weeks have been crazy. I actually had to go to France last Wednesday because my grandma was very ill. I got back on Sunday and since I've been she's been thankfully getting better and stronger every day. Please send any positive vibes and well wishes her way for a full recovery.
This week has been just as awful. On Sunday before I left, I got really sick. I have no idea what I caught, some sort of bug, most likely from being in the hospital so much and whatever it is, it's wiped me out. I think I pushed myself a little too much today by trying to go to school, I was a HOT MESS, not a pretty sight. Only lasted an hour before I had to go home. But we're ordering pizza and have ice-cream for dinner, so that's a bonus.
I saw this survey over at Jen Chooses Joy and since I love surveys + I'm not feeling great, I thought it was an easy, lighthearted post.
A- age: 18
B- biggest fear: a lot of things. Snakes, being in a car crash, being attacked or mugged and dying in a horrible way like drowning. Basically every thing bad gives me anxiety.
C- current time: 19:14 pm (UK time)
D- drink you last had: lemonade
E- easiest person to talk to: my mum and best friends
F- favourite song: Poison & Wine (The Civil Wars)
G- grossest memory: Lila throwing up all over my face, yuck! I still love her though ;)
H- hometown: Brackley, Northampton
I- in love with: Lila, is that weird since she's my little sister?! I mean just look at her :)
J- jealous of: people who live by the beach! I so wish I lived near to one :(
K- kindest person I know: one of my best friends, Delina
L- last food I ate: ice-cream, it was soooo good!
M- middle name: Mary Jeanne
N- number of siblings: 1, my little Lila
O- one wish: to end poverty and war, okay that's technically two but both important!
P- person you last spoke on the phone with: Mae, one of my best friends
Q- question you're always asked: Do you miss living in America?
R- reason to smile: it's half term in a week which means I get to see my dad & Lila soon!!
S- song you last sang: urm barely had a voice for the last week, so I can't remember. So I'll put the last song I listened to, Easy Love by Sigala
T- time you woke up: too early, 7:04am
U- unique talent: not very unique but I'm a very good skier. Or at least I used to be when I went every winter, it's been a few years now but it's one of those things you always pick up again.
V- vacation destination: Florida
W- worst habit: biting my nails, especially when I'm nervous
X- x-rays: a few actually but I'm struggling to remember. I had a few years with a lot of medical tests.
Y- your favourite food: mashed potatoes and ice-cream, impossible to pick just one!
Z- zodiac sign: Aquarius, those facts totally describe me!
Feel free to pick a few letters and join in, in the comments :) Hope you all have a great weekend!
1) I totally meant to post this on Friday but as usual I forgot. This memory of mine is seriously crap, I should probably start doing crosswords or something.
2) I made cookie bars this weekend and they were SO good. I feel like I need to make them again to perfect them before sharing but you can never go wrong with Nutella and caramel, can you?! And topped with ice-cream, well that was pure heaven!
3) I have to help out at my school's open evening tonight and I really have no energy but the students that help out get to come to school an hour & half later tomorrow morning so... really it's a worth that extra hour in bed.
4) I get the best view of sunsets from my bedroom window. I know everyone is on the supermoon hype but I would take this view over that any day.
5) So last weekend I FINALLY got my hair cut. I think leaving it longer than 6 months is way too long because there was a heck of a lot of damaged hair that needed to be cut off.
6) This Buzzfeed article sums up my entire life pretty well right now!! Extreme tiredness is no joke, sleep is my best friend right now.
7) I finally got a new job!! I'm SOOO happy!! I got the call today that they want to hire me and I'm so excited to start working with children again, they just make everything a lot more fun!
8) I spend wayyy too much time on Buzzfeed and Instagram, but the little laughs I get from reading funny articles and memes help make the school day a bit better ;)
9) Obsessed with this song right now!!
10) These were so delicious! I don't typically like nuts (I feel like there's no other way to say that, either way it sounds wrong;) but these were so good! Walkers Sensations are everywhere at the moment and I'm loving all their new flavours.
12) I'm sure there's much more I wanted to tell you all but I'm of course leaving getting ready to the last minute! I need to be out the door in 10 minutes so I'm off! Hope you all have a fab night :)
Change the world, one act of kindness at a time
A little bit of honesty
Red Velvet Brownies with peanut butter glaze
Broccoli, Cheese and Onion Tart
Changed forever- the power of helping others