225 grams of butter (1 cup), softened
1 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
2 cups of plain flour, sifted
200 grams chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon caramel or vanilla extract
200 grams chocolate, melted- milk, white or dark
* I found this recipe in a magazine a while ago so this is recipe is adapted from that. Most recipes are quite similar in ingredients :)
You all know I'm beyond OBSESSED with cookie dough. The only topping I ever put on my froyo is spoonfuls of those tiny little cookie dough bites. My favourite ice-cream flavour is cookie dough. I even found puppy chow cookie dough once and bought 3 bags and ate them in 3 weeks, whoops ;) Anything and everything cookie dough makes me happy. So the fact that I haven't made these sooner is just a mystery to me. But it's now a mystery we no longer have to solve because I've finally made these gems.
Two words to describe these. Easy and delicious. This is probably the simplest recipe I will ever post on the blog. It doesn't require a load of fancy ingredients or hours slaving in the kitchen. Within 30 minutes you can have a plate full of these beauties. And we all have 30 minutes to spare, right?! Those 30 minutes certainly beat 2 hours and a stack load of washing up.
You can make them smaller or bigger. Decorate them with white, dark or milk chocolate. Use any chocolate chips you want. If you don't want them to be super sweet then just drizzle the chocolate instead of coating them in it. Sprinkles are obviously a must. They just make them so much cuter. But really it's all up to YOU. You can make them as cute or as simple as you want. They can easily be made a few days in advance if you're busy and they last for up to a week in the Fridge. Which lets be honest, they're not going to last a week ;)
Before I made these I was really craving my usual froyo with a thousand cookie dough bites. There's just something about the ones at those places that are so good. But I have to say these are better. 4 reasons. 1- um they're way bigger, heck yes!! 2- they're covered in chocolate, need I say more?! 3- they have sprinkles!! 4- I added caramel extract instead of vanilla and it just makes them taste that much better!
Now I'm guessing you all have flour, butter, sugar and chocolate, right? Go make these you won't regret it. They make the perfect snack for anytime and any day. But especially after one of those really crappy days, where nothing went right. Well the one thing that will go right is these. Enjoy :)
Hi guys, I hope you all had a fab weekend!! Mine ended up being pretty good! I had two girlfriends round on Saturday and we had such a fun night, Ended up getting pretty crazy. Enough said really. I didn't take any pictures because the rest of the weekend was just running errands and doing homework, fun stuff!
Since I didn't take any pictures and I'm probably the biggest chatterbox on earth, I thought I'd just chit chat about all the random things going on up in this brain of mine :)
1) 18 DAYS TILL MY BIRTHDAY!!! << I'm clearly not excited or anything ;) I still can't really believe I'm going to be 18 in 18 days, seems pretty crazy. I'm sure I'll annoy you all with my countdown and how much excitement I'll have!
2) I made cookie dough bites this weekend. Yes, I am in heaven when I eat these. They're so good and I am definitely going to post the recipe on Wednesday, like for real this time ;)
3) I really need to paint my nails. My nails are looking very scrappy at the moment (as seen in above picture;) but I haven't painted them in so long it seems like so much effort. I don't really like my hands, I feel like my fingers are really fat and don't want to draw any attention to them! They really aren't that bad, I'm just crazy!
4) My friends took this picture of me in psychology and put it on their snapchat stories. I suppose it could have been worse but still not my finest picture! By the way it was the end of the day and I was exhausted and I was pretty much done with my work, I don't usually fall asleep in the middle of a lesson! Hey it happens though. In 6th grade, I used to fall asleep everyday, it's a bad problem. I can be out within 5 minutes. I can NEVER watch a video at school, I'm out cold in 2 minutes!
5) I'm having that french dinner with potato & cheese tonight and I literally can't wait! We were suppose to be having soup but really how can you beat tons of carbs and gooey cheese, you can't!
6) It was National Peanut Butter day last week and I ate loads of PB but totally forgot to mention it on the blog, I hope you celebrated by eating spoonfuls of PB!
7) These two things just cracked me up. I'm totally the first picture, I say that all the time "well I find it pretty hilarious that you..." I say that when I'm very angry! The Valentines one is just so funny, but really theres nothing better than super cheap chocolate.
8) Urgh I'm not looking forward for school tomorrow, I have a pretty full-on day and I already just want to sleep in and not go! I have 3 heavy lessons in a rough...Blah!!
9) School pictures are this Wednesday, oh joy!! Curly or straight? The tough decisions us girls have to make. I'm sure I'll spend half an hour trying to find something to wear and then end up getting my pictures back regretting my hair AND my outfit! Sometimes being a girl is such a pain in the ass!!
10) I obviously like even numbers so I have to end it at 10! I hope you all have a a great week and I'll have that recipe posted on Wednesday :)
Hi guys, how are you all? Friday is finally here and I'm just happy this week went by faster than last week. I had every intention of posting on Wednesday but then I just plain & simply couldn't really be bothered, gasp I know! I'm a firm believer in not blogging because we "have to" so I didn't!
I was planning on doing a things I'm loving post but realised it was all food and that might make me look a little piggish ;) So I'm going for the alternative of fun facts Friday!
1) I had every intention of making this "healthy" mac & cheese tonight buttttt it's Friday and I really felt like pizza. So we caved and have just ordered a pizza from Dominos. However it does have LOTS of veggies, so I'm justifying my decision ;)
2) Holy crap has it gotten COLD here this week! I know I have a right to complain when it's around the same temperature as in Chicago. Burrr I tell you, it's a good thing I can't run much because I'd really be struggling with my motivation at the moment. I want Spring to hurry up!
3) Speaking of the weather, I have been on such a soup hype lately and I'm blaming it on the freezing weather! I just can't get enough of it lately! Not that it's a bad thing because soup is pretty healthy.
3) I'm desperately trying to make plans to do something this weekend. Have you ever felt bored already knowing you aren't doing anything? No, probably just me since I'm weird. I love doing nothing just as much as the next gal, but sometimes I wanna have some fun! Hopefully a few girlfriends and I will go out tomorrow night!
4) I am however baking tomorrow!! YAY, finally! It's been way to long since I've baked. I'm going to Tescos in the morning for ingredients then popping out for an eye test (BLAH) and then I'm going to bake whilst jamming to some music, now that's what I call fun!
5) I read this article earlier about retro childhood treats and I thought it was quite interesting! But also I'm quite disappointed in the British public for not even including Bourbon biscuits! They are my all time classic favourite! But Battenberg was definitely my childhood treat :)
1. Wagon Wheel 42.8%
2. Pink Wafer Fingers 34.8%
3. Jammy Dodgers 32.7%
4. Iced Gems 32.1%
5. Battenberg 31.6%
6. Custard Cream 31.2%
7. Victoria Sponge 26%
8. Jaffa Cake 24.8%
9. Tea Cakes 22.7%
10. Fondant Fancies 22.3%
11. Bakewell Tart 16.9%
12. Crispy Cake 12.1%
13. Eccles Cake 11.5%
14. Banana Cake 4.7%
15. Devonshire Apple Cake 2.4%
6) Waaa, I burnt myself the other day! I was draining some pasta and I have no idea how I even poured the boiling onto my hand! I'm way too clumsy. Wow, my arms look really hairy! Oh well can't do nothing about that ;)
7) After 3 weeks of drowning in huge amounts of school work, I'm super relieved to only have one piece to do for next week! Hopefully this'll give me time to catch up on other things and actually catch my breath! Funny how it works out, some weeks I have nothing and some I can't even cope with the amount!
8) Urgh I'm getting really annoyed with some of the story lines on Hollyoaks. I go through phases of loving every single story line and sometimes I hate them so much! I'm having one of those "hating" days :(
9) This made me laugh SO much! If you don't know Gordon Ramsey you probably won't find it funny but as someone who has watched his shows for years, this was incredibly funny!
10) I feel like this is getting long now so I'm going to end it at a nice even number, perfect ;) I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, whether it be full of exciting plans or non-stop reruns of your favourite shows! Catch you all on Monday :)
Hi guys, I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was pretty chill! I went to see Wild with my mum on Saturday! Loved it, definitely go see it :) Sunday I got lots of homework done and then went to Costa with Delina! Wow, imagine if all my weekend recaps were that short ;)
I didn't really take many pictures or feel like I had much to say about my weekend so I started look for blog post ideas when I came across this picture.
And I thought this was a pretty cool idea, so I gave it a shot! It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be and it was quite fun coming up with things, even if it got a little hard towards the end ;)
Accept your body for what it is.
Be kind to everyone you meet, because everyone is struggling.
Count your blessings every day.
Don't stay mad at people.
Everything you want to achieve is in your reach if you try.
Forgive yourself and move on.
Give yourself a break every now and then.
Hug someone every day.
Ignore mean people and their comments.
Just be yourself and you'll find out who your real friends are.
Kindness will get you a lot farther in life then rudeness.
Let go of anger, hatred and jealousy, they're useless.
Make cupcakes every month :)
Never go a day without laughing.
Open your eyes to all the possibilities life has to offer.
People are going to let you down, it happens.
Quit being so hard on yourself all the time.
Realise you can't make everyone happy.
Shit happens, move on.
Thank you's always matter.
Understand that life goes on no matter what.
Very few people go after their dreams, be one of the few.
Watch the sunrise or sunset every once in a while.
X marks the spot. (aha I couldn't think of anything for this).
You will never realise how amazing you actually are.
Zero time should be wasted on people that don't care about you.
I sometimes get really bad writers block and coming up with something to post 3 times a week can be a huge struggle. I've got a couple "heavy/deep" posts in my draft that I'm hoping to post soon. Those type of posts aren't the ones where you can just sit and write it out in 20 minutes, I have to really be in the mood to write something from the heart!
I hope you all had a great start to the week, as far as Monday's go this one was pretty good! Now hopefully the rest of the week will be the same :) Catch you guys later!
Any different advice for any of the letters? I'd love to hear some of yours :)
Hey hey guys! How are you all? I'm not doing good at all today and woke up with huge stomach pains & headaches so I'm currently cozied up on the sofa watching friends. I slept all morning and I feel somewhat better!
Before I jump into todays post, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who read my post on Wednesday. It has actually been my most popular post to date, wow!! I think you guys all like the honest, from the heart type of posts. I'll keep that in mind for the future :)
Today is life in pictures. Life in pictures is posting pictures of anything you want, life lately or a specific day and write little to no text :) As always, I'm linking up with Linda from The Fitty.
I was feeling sorry for myself after my blood test, so I got a mozzarella, pesto & tomato sandwich from Costa and a chocolate chip cookie from our local bakery. Totally made me feel better :)
Totally didn't bring me good luck all day ;) I always feel super cool writing on the table.
I made these Oreo Brownies for school, holy delicious! One of the guys said "Can I please marry you?" aha so I guess that shows you how good they really are!
One month till I see this drama queen! Soup is good for the soul, especially when sick :)
And there you have it. The last couple of weeks in pictures! I'm going to try and finish some homework then have a cup of tea & chill! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday!
This week has been one of those weeks. The one where I have to admit that I'm struggling to keep up with everything on my plate. It's not that I suddenly have more to do, I think it just all came tumbling down like a ton of bricks. And it's not even Friday.
I have/had so many homework deadlines in for this week, that weren't all finished till the day I handed them in. Some weeks I'm on top of everything and some I'm simply miles behind. This week I feel like I'm about 10 miles behind. I finish the work, so that's not even the problem. The problem is when you think you can sit back and relax you suddenly remember all the other million things to do on your to-do list.
Unfortunately when times are busy and stressful, the blog is the first thing to fall to the bottom of the priority list. It can't come before my school work or my health. It does however come before all the bits and bobs like washing up, replying to emails, cleaning my room etc.
I'm usually this ball of energy that never seems to run out. Well I think I'm in need of some major recharging. Being so ill has taken its toll. I like to blame it all on the fact that I'm so tired and sick, but I'm sure it comes down to more than that. I always go from one thing to the next, not always physically but mentally. This brain of mine doesn't know how to use the pause button. So I may not seem like I'm doing much sometimes but my brain is going a mile a minute, thinking about everything.
This is somewhere I can come and literally spit out all the thoughts in my head. I'm currently writing this post, on the notes app on my phone at 12:30am. Because this brain of mine won't relax so I thought I'd take advantage of it and write. (Yes, I'm tired now but I just couldn't sleep last night, which is when I wrote this).
I hope once I have my follow up doctors apt I can start feeling better and get my energy back. The idea of a "blogging break" has never in a million years crossed my mind. It's just not something I would consider unless I got seriously ill or something serious happened in my life.
I'm not one to ever admit I need help or did a break, I don't like to admit defeat. So maybe this week just has to be a week that I am defeated. I can't accomplish everything how I want to, every 52 weeks for the rest of my life. It's just not going to happen. We all have stressful times in life. I feel sometimes bloggers hide what's going on behind the computer screen because we're suppose to be all "rainbows & fairies"!
Now that doesn't mean I'm going to come out and say every problem or tough time going on in my life because that's not who I am or what I want to blog about. But I think it's important to say when things are overwhelming us.
I wanted to post a recipe so much and I feel guilty for not doing so. Which in reality I really shouldn't do because no one is forcing me to bake and write a blog. I do it for myself because it makes me happy and is one of my hobbies. But some weeks there just isn't enough time in one day to fulfil those hobbies. 24 hours simply isn't enough at the moment.
I'm hoping the weekend will rejuvenate me and get my energy back. I'm guessing that my body and brain are finally telling me to slow the heck down. Every day except 1 since I've been ill I've gotten up and gone to school & done everything else I needed to do. When maybe I should've rested and listen to my body a little more. Being ill doesn't mean speed up and stress yourself out more, it means slow down and take it easy.
I feel somewhat sad that this start to the new year hasn't been anything that I hoped it would be. But life is unexpected and I can't control everything that goes on in my life. That's just something I have to realise and get over. I'm still excited about everything I get to do this year but for right now I'm going to press the pause button every now and then to SLOW down. I won't achieve any of my goals if I'm running on empty.
There is absolutely no point in lying to myself or to you. I'm tired. And my gosh, is that okay. It's okay to not want to wake up everyday, bouncing with energy from one moment to the next. It's okay to just sit and breathe for 5 damn minutes without worrying about everything. It's okay for me to go to school and not crack jokes all day. It's okay that I didn't finish that homework question if I really didn't understand it. And it's okay to not be superwoman and conquer all my problems and goals in one day.
It's only been 14 days in this new year, only 14?! To me, it's honestly felt like 2 months already. If that's not a sign that I need to take a breather and relax, then I don't know what is.
We too often get caught up in the business of life to appreciate what we have. I'm still alive and breathing and although I may be struggling right this moment, I'm still here. I'm not going to lie, I love keeping busy. It stops me from actually dealing with the things I need to deal with. Staying busy helps take my mind off the fact that my head is heavy, dizzy and spinning and that my stomach is churning! But those aren't good things to ignore. I've realised that now. I need to give myself a break before my body gives up on me.
So having said all that, I'm still going to blog but it will be when and if I have the energy in that day to do so. So it may still be every Monday, Wednesday & Friday or it may not. I'm just going to start giving my little brain the time to recover from this hectic start to the year.
Phew. I feel like this has actually helped take away a few of those bricks. I'm feeling less ill today than I have so I'm going to go on a super short run. I hope if you're feeling the same, that you realise you aren't alone and more often then not people are a lot more stressed then they make out to be. I hope you take the time to have a breather and a cup of tea with a book :)
Hi friends, I hope you all had a fab weekend! I'm glad Monday is almost over, this day always wipes me out no matter what. I just took a short 25 minutes nap whilst my mum was cooking because I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I'm hoping that little bit of energy will last till bed time :) I tell you all this exhaustion is beating me down!
This weekend was pretty chill but I had a slight increase in appetite so that meant lots of yummy food, yay!! It's been a while since I really enjoyed two days of full, delicious meals.
On Saturday I pretty much did the usual- sleep in, chores, homework, Facetime the US family and food shopping at Tescos. Putting that in a list makes it sound a lot sadder than it actually was. Saturday night I was exhausted so I decided to pass up going to dinner with my mum and her friends.
If you've never had the tomato mascarpone pasta sauce from Tesco, you're missing out big time!! It's beyond delicious, so I was more than happy with my ravioli! Cookie dough ice-cream made a return, boy was it yummy!
Mamma Mia was on TV Saturday night and I had a blast watching it and singing along. That movie always puts me in a good mood, all the singing & dancing is so infectious, can't help but sing along :)
Sunday morning, I got up earlier because I actually had plans. YES, I know what a shock. I had plans to meet Grace at Costa and then meet Delina afterwards. It was great to get out of the house and not stay cooped up inside all day.
They didn't have any tuna melt sandwiches left :( So for the first time ever, I actually tried another sandwich with cheese, tomato and pesto. Got out the house & ate something new, it certainly was an exciting day for this girl right here ;)
After 2 hours of LOTS of catching up with Grace (last time I saw her was in November!!) she had to leave and the best friend came along. At this point the little glass display with all the yummy treats was becoming too tempting so I got a caramel crisp. YUM!!
GUESS, what I did yesterday evening?!! Yep, I finally went for my first run since about mid-December. I got home from my coffee dates (without any coffee;) and was craving a run like nobodies business. I didn't feel all that well but mentally I wanted to run so badly. So I went. It was HARD!! I couldn't run a whole mile without stoping but even though I'm feeling it today, I'm so happy I went. Now I know where I'm at and I can take it one step at a time. P.S. the sad face was because of the wind outside :(
On Sunday night we had a super French dinner called raclette. Basically heaven for potato and cheese lovers. It's typically served with red meats but I don't eat any red meat so I stuck to potato and gooey, melted cheese. It was delicious, so so good! I wish I could have it more than once a year.
Salted Caramel Green Tea, bizarre flavour I tell you. Once it was brewed the smell was so strong but the flavour was less than amazing. I always get disappointed by green tea's, so I have no idea why I buy them! A little bit of sweetener actually brought out the caramel flavour. Sipping tea with candles on, very relaxing :)
Tomorrow I've got a full morning of lessons but I get to leave one early for my blood test. Terrified of needles but get to miss some of my lesson so I guess I can't complain. I'm convincing myself that I won't cry but we'll see how emotional I'm feeling tomorrow! I hope you're all having a good start to the week. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have a recipe on Wednesday but I have a lot of deadlines on that day so we'll see. Catch you guys later & wish me luck for my blood test :)
Thank goodness it's Friday. Today has been rough to say the least. I don't think I've been this exhausted in my life and I miss my "ball of energy" personality. I'm getting a blood test next week and I'm hoping, we can finally figure out what is going on with this crazy body of mine. But I'm thankful that I'm still able to go about my daily routine without too much pain :)
I'm really hoping it's number 15 but it could be 14 or 16, I'm way too sleepy to look back through all my posts... I'm sorry but considering I missed the number 4 or 5, it's a little messed up anyways ;)
This week I'm trying to find the positives amongst feeling crap and the post Christmas blues. As always join along in the comments section and let me know what's made you happy this week :)
I haven't had a cup of coffee since November, even the smell would make me feel sick so I just cut it out of my morning routine completely. However, this week I was getting a craving for it and I made a small cup, and guess what? I felt totally fine! I for some reason had this notion that drinking coffee was making my stomach feel even more nauseous, who knows if it was actually true or just made up in my head.
I'm in a "curly hair" phase at the moment and I LOVE my curls the day I have to wash my hair, typical! They do look good the other two days but after they've been slept in a couple of nights they look so natural. I need to curl my hair the night before that way I get soft, bouncy curls!
Ah French cookies, why are you SO good?! I always buy a couple packs of biscuits to take home with me and I've loved having a pack of these at lunch. Makes me feel like I'm 7 years old again, sitting at my Mamie's kitchen table eating cookies and chatting about whatever was important at that age :)
Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for Fleur to win the X-Factor, but I finally gave the studio version of Ben Haenow's winning single a listen and I'm OBSESSED with it!! I listen to it on repeat for like half an hour. Can't get enough!
This quote is perfect! Really reminded me that my life isn't all that bad, sure I have bad days and bad things going on sometimes but there are people that have it much worse. I'm not typically a complainer (maybe a little at the moment with being sick all the time, but I feel like that's aloud;) and I have always appreciated every good & bad thing that has happened in my life because it's made me who I am. But this is definitely a quote to live by. That ended up being a long explanation aha ;)
I haven't got any plans this weekend besides a coffee date with Grace and then hanging out with Delina on Sunday. Just doing the usual homework, chilling and chores routine. I'm going to try and really rest this weekend because I'm beyond exhausted and school is wearing me out at the moment! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend :)